To effectively address your account holders’ security concerns, you need a comprehensive approach to security. Any one component of our Integrated Security Process can enhance your account holders’ security — but, when used together, all components provide an exceptional level of protection from risk.At Harland Clarke, we’ve maximized our expertise in quality practices to build a superior system of corporate-wide security processes. This is evidenced by Harland Clarke's adherence to ISO17799.
Our security practices include:
- Quality-control personnel who consider the impact of events such as equipment malfunctions and schedule changes not just on quality, but on security as well
- A centralized security organization led by a chief security officer and comprising full-time, dedicated employees who oversee physical security, incident management, internal/external audits, regulatory compliance, account holder privacy and data security
- Extensive background checks and drug testing of new employees
- Annual security and ethics training for all new and current employees
Experienced Security Experts
An Industry-wide View on Risks in a Constantly Changing EnvironmentOur team partners with other leaders in security, including VeriSign®, Cybertrust® and IBM®, to stay on top of emerging threats.
Relationships maintained by our security team include:
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) and
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) —
industry professional groups
- U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General Task Force
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service Committee
- FBI National Academy Associates — an organization of local, state and international law enforcement officials who are graduates of the FBI National Academy
- Direct contact with the FBI cyber units, fraud investigators and laboratories
- Ongoing meetings with security counterparts in the shipping industry, including the United States Postal Service®, DHL®, UPS® and FedEx®
- InfraGard® — a nationwide communications network involved in helping prevent terrorism and other types of criminal activities and fraud
- Annual Terrorism Symposium
- Panels with the U.S. Secret Service and the FBI
Special training helps our employees identify fraudulent activity and gives them the tools to react quickly and appropriately.
Secure-vendor practices, including yearly audits, maximize end-to-end security.
Facility access restriction.
Access is restricted to those performing core job functions. Security personnel guard plant perimeters and all sensitive areas.
Embedded security you can trust.
Our security practices help keep your organization out of the headlines.
NEXT | Click here to learn more about Harland Clarke's commitment to Industry Standards.