At Harland Clarke, we believe that as good corporate citizens, we have a responsibility not only to invest in our business goals, but also to invest in efforts that support and strengthen our communities, improving quality of life for our colleagues and for those we are privileged to serve.
As a company, we support both broad-reaching charitable initiatives and local causes that are personally meaningful to our employees and clients. Among our key focus areas are youth and adult education, health and financial stability of individuals and families, support of veterans and their spouses in civilian life, the arts and community diversity.
Here are just a few ways we were involved in our communities last year:
- Our United Way campaign garnered nearly one million dollars from Harland Clarke and our employees
- On United Way’s Days of Caring, our employees volunteered more than one thousand hours at charities around the country
- On MLK Day, hundreds of volunteers contributed more than one thousand hours in communities throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- Our sales team donated pre-paid calling cards, toiletries and other items to support active-duty military personnel serving overseas
- Our sales team also filled hundreds of backpacks with school supplies and donated hundreds of books via Junior Achievement
- In support of Armed Forces Day, Harland Clarke employees sent hundreds of greeting cards with special messages to military personnel serving overseas
- Harland Clarke sent check orders at no cost to customers who lost their checks in natural disasters
Every year, we channel proceeds from our cause-related checks, covers and labels to charities such as the National Breast Cancer Foundation, the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, Sea Vision Society, A Better Chance, Lighthouse Preservation Society, Wildlife Trust and the National Park Foundation